Sunday, May 12, 2013

Remembering and Honoring Mothers

I'm so thankful today for mothers. For those who have passed on as well as those who are still with us. I'm thankful for their love, their devotion, their sacrifices. And even though they can never be perfect, I'm thankful for how hard they try/tried to get it right.


I'm thankful for all the times my mother took care of me while I was sick. For leading my Brownie troop. For sewing my special Easter dresses. For throwing big spend-the-night birthday parties (and for making me include every single girl in the class). For homemade doughnuts, pecan pie and "just chicken." And most of all, for teaching me that I could be anything I wanted to be when I grew up.

Those of you who've lost mothers, I pray for you today, because I know this can be a difficult holiday. My mother is still living, and even though she lives six hours away, I'm thankful I still have her with me. In fact, I'm excited she'll be coming to visit us this week.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: