Monday, April 08, 2013

Buster Posey's World Series Rings!

Our nephew, Buster Posey, just received his 2012 World Series ring yesterday. I wasn't there, of course, but part of his family got to fly out to California for the event. I look forward to seeing photos! But in the meantime, I just read an article about the ceremony that included a photo of the new ring (click here) and thought I'd share.

Photo from Mercurynews.com (courtesy of San Francisco Giants)
I imagine it's beautiful in person!

I finally got a chance to see the 2010 ring at Christmas. It's amazing--and massive and sparkling! I wish the camera could do it justice. Here's a shot of it. I asked Buster to put it on for me to take a photo.


To give you an idea of how big the ring really is, here's my daughter (whose hand is my size) wearing it. :)



And while we're talking championship rings! My niece, Samantha Posey, shared with me her impressive NCAA Division II National Championship ring for her Valdosta State softball team. Very exciting fall for our extended family!


2 comments:

CatMom said...

I know you're proud of Buster, Missy (and your niece too!). Wow, that ring is beautiful and quite large! :)
Hugs, Patti Jo

Missy Tippens said...

We sure are, Patti Jo! Thanks for stopping by.