Friday, April 29, 2011

Ahhhh. A Royal Wedding.


I've said it before...there's nothing like a wedding. And today's royal wedding between William and Kate was utterly sigh-worthy. So sweet, beautiful, romantic...a fairy tale. Kate looked gorgeous, poised, and so happy. William was so sweet when he first saw her, then told her she looked beautiful. And in spectacular Westminster Abbey...well, I had to wipe away the tears as they showed those aerial shots. The long train, the heavenly music, the moving service.

Yes, I just love a wedding. But this one was among the most memorable. I hope you got up early to watch! If not, I'm sure you can see it on the Internet. Be sure to check it out. You won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

Jeanette Levellie said...

Oh, dear. I missed it. I'm sure I'll see it on YouTube or on dvd soon.

Makes me eager to walk down that aisle to meet Jesus...

Eileen Astels Watson said...

My dear hubby was kind enough to wake me at 5 so I did get to watch the whole thing.

It truly does come across as a fairy tale, doesn't it?

Missy Tippens said...

It sure does, Eileen. :)

Ausjenny said...

Yes I love a royal wedding. I had to go out just as Catherine was leaving her hotel but taped it, went to an aussie book party plan called light the dark as its hard for aussie authors of fiction and non fiction adult and kids to get alot of promotion in the major christian stores partly cos the american fiction has the market cornered which is sad. dont get me wrong I love American fiction but I also want Aussie authors supported as they write books that are set in my own country. So had to take the wedding but got home in time for the kiss.
It really was something great to watch and a break from the disasters happening around the world for a short time.

Angela Breidenbach said...

I had to DVR the wedding and all the fun shows leading up to it. Hoping to watch it this week just for the fun romance, but I also appreciate the historic significance.
Angie

Missy Tippens said...

Jenny, I'm glad you're supporting your local authors! I know they appreciate it.

Angie, you're going to love it! :)