Monday, March 14, 2011

Readers Needed to Judge a Contest!

Fiction Readers Needed ASAP to Judge Contest

FHL_heart_w-FHL.pngFaith, Hope & Love, a chapter of Romance Writers of America, is looking for additional judges for its Inspirational Readers Choice Award contest. They need 50 judges, most of them to read in the Contemporary Romance category. Judges must not be writers or aspiring writers of romance fiction. They are looking for people who love to read. Is that you?
Here is their opening blurb about judging the contest from their site:
The Faith, Hope, and Love Inspirational Chapter of Romance Writers of America® sponsors an award for excellence in inspirational romance fiction for published authors. If you have been a judge for us in the past, you will receive an invitation to judge again in late February. If you have not read for us before and would like to judge for the Inspirational Reader's Choice Award contest, please read the qualifications listed below.
Our judges must read and rank three or four inspirational romance novels in six weeks between April 1st and May 15th. If you would like your name added as a possible judge, and you meet the qualifications, please click on the link below. If we have our limit of judges, your name will be held for the following year and you will be contacted to see if you are interested in reading for us.
To read the list of rules a judge agrees to, visit their web site, and if interested, contact the coordinator whose email link is at the bottom of the page.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I'd love to help out. I'm heading over to check it out. Thanks!

Christine said...

I just checked it out. I don't meet the requirements since I am actively seeking a career in fiction writing. Oh well.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks for being willing, Christine! I hope your writing is going well.

Christine said...

I have a finished mystery for which I'm seeking an agent. I also publish regularly on an online Christian newspaper, a devotional site, and my blog. Now if I could just get rid of my day-job, I could spend more time writing!

Missy Tippens said...

Christine, good luck on heading toward full time writing!