Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finally Free!!

We've been snowed in all this week! Something that never happens in Georgia. The kids missed a whole week of school (tomorrow is cancelled as well). But today...TODAY!...I finally got out of the  house beyond the realm of taking the dogs out to do their business. :)

I actually ditched my sweats for jeans. Put on makeup. Fixed my hair! Traded the house slippers for my everyday clogs. And drove my car!! Bought groceries. Cold medicine I was desperate for. Oh, and I got to eat out. I wouldn't have thought I could go 4 days without, at a minimum, hitting the drive-through at least once.

Okay, can you tell I'm giddy? And maybe a little loopy? :)

I'm certainly glad tomorrow is supposed to hit 40 degrees. It'll be a huge relief. We'll get life back to normal.

But you know, there's something to be said for a few days with no way to go anywhere. No commitments to rush to. Life slowed down a bit. I had uninterrupted writing time (well, while the kids slept in late, anyway). The kids played ping-pong, Foosball, and of course video games. They played in the snow and romped with the dogs. The family played a board game, watched TV, ate meals together.

So though I was very ready to get out the door today, I have to say the last few days have been nice. I wonder when the next big snow will be? :)

2 comments:

Missy Tippens said...

Okay, I had 2 comments in moderation that I hit "publish" for, but they disappeared! I was updating my blog while all this was going on. Myra and Pamela, I'm sorry! I did get to read them, though,. Maybe they'll appear. :)

Missy Tippens said...

Okay, never mind. They were for older posts. :)