Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What's Cooking?

I've bought the groceries. My son is traveling home as I write. More of my family is coming in tomorrow. And I've decided I'm going to start cooking tomorrow!

I know I'll do the turkey and dressing on Thursday. But I may go ahead and bake the desserts tomorrow. Make the cranberry jello salad tomorrow as well. I'm also thinking of cooking the squash for the casserole. What do you think?

How much cooking do you do a day ahead of time for Thanksgiving? Last time we had the meal at my house, I did just about everything on Thursday and was totally exhausted. I think I want to plan better this time around! I'd love your input.

6 comments:

jel said...

I going to cook the squash as pie.
and a blackberry cobbler, might cook the pie tomorrow, but most of the time I get up REAL early in the am on Thanksgiving to cook, if i didn't it wounldn't make to Thankgiving. :?


hope ya have a very blessed one!

Missy Tippens said...

Jel, my mom always just got up early, too. I think I'm going to try to spread it out some this year and see how it works.

Your squash pie sounds yummy! I'm doing pumpkin and pecan. And I'm also going to try a rhubarb cobbler for the first time.

Catherine said...

Hi Missy, This year our daughter is having Thanksgiving at their home, and is making most of the fixings. I'm in charge of the sweet potatoes and cookies. :)

Have a blessed day!

Missy Tippens said...

That'll be nice, Catherine! You've passed the torch. :)

CatMom said...

Hey Missy! I think you're very wise to cook as much as possible "ahead of time"! It can be exhausting spending SO much time in the kitchen,LOL. ~ We've been invited to join friends at their cabin for dinner, so I'll be taking along several dishes. This will be my first Thanksgiving without having all 3 of my kiddos with us (since middle daughter is at Jekyll Island on her honeymoon!!). ~ Congratulations on making another sell to Steeple Hill--that's WONDERFUL!! Hugs, Patti Jo :)

Missy Tippens said...

Patti Jo, thank you! I hope your holiday trip went well!