Saturday, September 25, 2010

Catching Up--Lots of Photos!

The Tippens at S.F. Giants game

Supporting our nephew!
I'm the world's worst at uploading photographs. So I'm finally sharing some from way back in August! For the first time since he was drafted, we had the opportunity to go watch our nephew, Buster Posey, play for the San Francisco Giants! They came to Atlanta to play the Braves, so we went to cheer him on. (Which was a bit strange since we've always been Braves fans.) You can see the photos of our matching shirts. :) And we weren't the only ones. A bus of friends came up from his hometown in south Georgia to show support. A lot of family came as well, so it was a mini family reunion.

Buster Posey at bat
You can see a couple more photos. We had great seats and were thankful to be out of the rain during the rain delay. Overall, it was a fun night!
On the Big Screen
The next photos are from the American Christian Fiction Writers conference in Indianapolis, Indiana. I just returned last week. It was an amazing time. Lots of great speakers, workshops, meetings with my editors and agent, and...time with writer friends!

Debby Giusti, Missy Tippens, Michael Hauge, Janet Dean
 One of my favorite workshops was taught my Michael Hauge. I'd already listened to his DVD's on writing, The Hero's 2 Journeys. In fact, I've listened to it multiple times. So it was great to hear him in person and to soak up his methods.

Other photos are of time spent with my writing friends. Some of us spend time online each day but only see each other in person once a year. It's also like a family reunion.

I hope you have a great weekend!
Seekerville blog girls L to R: Janet Dean, Debby Giusti, Pam Hillman, Audra Harders, Myra Johnson, Missy Tippens, Cara Lynn James.

Pam Hillman accepting the Genesis Award

Carol Award winner, Mary Connealy, with Missy Tippens

L to R Glynna Kaye, Janet Dean, Myra Johnson, Audra Harders,  Julie Lessman (front), Mary Connealy, Debby Giusti, Missy Tippens. Celebrating with Mary.

L to R: F.A.I.T.H bloggers Jennifer Hudson Taylor, Angela Breidenbach, Missy Tippens, Christy Smith,  and Mindy Obenhaus

10 comments:

Project Journal said...

Missy,
I love all the purple on you ladies at the conference!! You all look radiant, by the way

: )

It was also really cool to see the game pictures. How cool is it that plays for the Giants!? I bet that was a really fun time for everyone : )

Thanks for the update!
Hope you had lots and lots of fun with everyone at ACFW!!
Hannah

Audra Harders said...

Great photos, Missy! I love catching glimpses of your life!

Besides an awesome baseball player, Buster is a cutie!!

I know you had a great time at the ACFW conference...I was your roommate, LOL!

Thanks for sharing.

jel said...

some cool shots ,

and sounds like yahad some fun!

Missy Tippens said...

Hey, Hannah! How's your first college semester going? Are you studying like crazy? :)

Missy Tippens said...

Yes, Audra, I had a great time. And you were a fantastic roomie! Gosh, who wouldn't appreciate a roommate who brought coffee creamer and chocolate??! :)

Missy Tippens said...

Jel, thanks for stopping by!

Project Journal said...

Missy,
Ummmm college life is difficult!! It's going and classes are good (which is the important part anyway!), but the social svene is the difficult part. I don't know, I'm always so excited to go home! It's the best part of my week *grin*

I am studying a lot, but it's not too much yet, lol....there's a TON of free time so my homework is done so early.

Talk to you soon,
Hannah

Missy Tippens said...

Hannah, it takes a while to make new friends and find a place where you click. Do they have campus ministry groups? That's where my son found his college family. But it took a few weeks to get over the early homesickness. So hang in there! And make yourself stay for the weekends sometimes. :) You'll have more time for social activities with new friends that way.

Good for you for finishing your homework early!! I feel like a proud mom. :)

Angela Breidenbach said...

Purple was the conference color this year, lol! No one planned it that way though.

I sure love you, Missy, and am so glad to be your friend and blog buddy.

Angie

Missy Tippens said...

Angie, you looked gorgeous in purple!

Love you, too.