Thursday, March 25, 2010

Out with the Old...In with the New







Out with the old, in with the new.
I spotted this scene the other day, and that was the first thought that popped into my head! You may have to click on the photo to blow it up to get a good look (I took it while driving!). It's a old, beat up TV someone ditched by the road. And all around it are beautiful daffodils! What a contrast, huh?


I'm loving the warm weather we had yesterday. Sunny and 74 degrees! Perfect driving weather, as I always tell my kids. So I was doing all my normal taxi mom runs yesterday with my windows down, music blasting and my sun roof open--and sneezing! I know I must've looked crazy sneezing my head off, then going back to singing at the top of my lungs. :) But I couldn't help it. I just love a glorious spring day.





One of my stops yesterday was at the library, and as I was pulling out of the parking lot, I had to stop and grab my phone to take this gorgeous photo out of my sunroof. The cherry blossom trees are outstanding! And there are areas in town with clusters of Bradford Pear trees that give the feeling of snow because you're surrounded by white.


So spring is here in Georgia! If you're not experiencing it yet, I hope you will soon!

Missy

7 comments:

Pamela Mason said...

Yesterday was gorgeous! My daffodils are so pretty & bright, my tulips are just about to pop open...then along come my two wonderful sons who DROWNED everything in pine straw!
The rain today should beat it all back into submission...let my lovelies bloom in the sunshine tomorrow!
What we do for our Boy Scouts....
Take your allergy pills & have another lovely day Missy!

Cynthia Reese said...

I am SO ready for spring -- every time we're in the car, I drive The Kiddo crazy by pointing out every new leaf and bud and bloom. But this winter in Georgia has been loony -- and while I know "spring" in Georgia's probably good for a month before it gets so hot we're fondly remembering winter, I can't wait!

Missy Tippens said...

Great advice, Pamela! :) I'm glad your sons were at least helping! haha

I know, Cynthia! We need to enjoy spring or we'll blink and miss it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

志屏 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CatMom said...

Hey Missy! Had to chuckle at the mental picture of you driving along sneezing and singing! But that's better than complaining and sneezing, LOL! ~ Yes, Georgia is beautiful right now. We also have the cherry blossoms and Bradford pears in our area--full bloom and gorgeous! My one B.pear is at its peak and is so lovely. And I've thought the very same thing about some of them looking like snow-covered trees! ~ Hugs, Patti Jo :)

CatMom said...

Hey Missy! Had to chuckle at the mental picture of you driving along sneezing and singing! But that's better than complaining and sneezing, LOL! ~ Yes, Georgia is beautiful right now. We also have the cherry blossoms and Bradford pears in our area--full bloom and gorgeous! My one B.pear is at its peak and is so lovely. And I've thought the very same thing about some of them looking like snow-covered trees! ~ Hugs, Patti Jo :)

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.