Friday, March 12, 2010

Finalist for the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence!


I know I've been a terrible blogger lately! But I've been totally absorbed in writing a new book which is due May 1. I'm happy to say I'm 43,000 words into a 55-60,000 word manuscript. And I'm having so much fun with it!

But now, the main reason I'm blogging today... I got a call that my most recent book, A Forever Christmas, is a finalist in the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence! They'll be naming the winners around April 1st. But I'm so totally thrilled and honored to simply be a finalist! You can check out the full list of finalists on the Southern Magic Chapter website. Gayle Wilson is an amazing woman, another reason this is such a great honor. Plus, two of my fellow Seeker bloggers are also finalists! It's like old times again, coming up against each other in writing contests (which is what brought our group of friends together in the first place). :)

I've also received two blogger awards the last couple of weeks from some wonderful bloggers. I'm so sorry I haven't posted the awards (again, I've been typing away!). So thank you Jane and Hannah for honoring me! I'll try to do better about posting these things! :)

13 comments:

bigguysmama said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's such exciting news! Keep on keepin' on with your writing. We understand!

~Mimi @ Woven by Words

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks so much, Mimi! How have you been?

jel said...

WooHoo!

way 2 go! :)

Project Journal said...

YAY! I agree with Mimi....that IS awesome! We do understand, Missy. This is a busy time for everyone : )

So, you focus on writing that book of yours because we can't wait for another from you!
Hannah

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks for celebrating with me Jel and Hannah! :)

Vince said...

Hi Missy:

Congrats! I think you had the best Christmas book this season. I just wonder if being a Christmas book will work in your favor or not. There should be a Christmas category somewhere. : )

Good luck. I want all my 5-star reviews to win awards.

Vince

CatMom said...

YAY Missy !!!! I am so happy for you, and know this is well-deserved! You are a very busy lady, so no need to apologize about not blogging recently. Looking forward to your future books!
Hugs, Patti Jo :)
P.S. Thanks for the congrats on my son being accepted at Tech (you posted on Merrillee's blog on the Craftie Ladies). You're so sweet!

Anita Mae Draper said...

Hey, that's fantastic, Missy!

Yeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaw!!!


I loved A Forever Christmas!

Alicia Pace said...

Big CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I saw the announcement on of the loops. I am so excited for you!

Way to go!!

Stephanie

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Vince! Yeah, I thought about that--juding a Christmas book in March. I guess we'll find out! :)

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Patti Jo! And again, yay for your son! That's so exciting!

Missy Tippens said...

Thank you so much, Anita Mae and Stephanie! :) I appreciate you celebrating with me.

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.