Friday, December 25, 2009

Wrinkled Earlobes...and Merry Christmas!

As I was getting ready for our candlelight church service tonight, I decided to put in some Christmas earrings. And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a hideous wrinkle marring each ear! My goodness. I didn't know you could get wrinkled earlobes so young! But apparently, 47 is the perfect age for it. :) Thankfully, the worship service was uplifting and celebratory, so I didn't wallow. Of course, who knows how I'll feel next time I put in difficult earrings and have to look in the mirror! I think next time, I'll just get my daughter to put them in for me. Maybe she'll be sensitive and kind and won't say a thing. :)


Wrinkles or no wrinkles, I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus.


Merry Christmas!

With love from Missy and family




6 comments:

Myra Johnson said...

LOL, Missy, this is too funny! What I've noticed is that after "a certain age," my pierced ear holes became harder to poke the earrings through. Guess it's all that wrinkly ear flab.

Missy Tippens said...

LOL, Myra! I guess we could just blame that on our need for bifocals. :)

Myra Johnson said...

Nope, with me it's not a sight problem. It's more like the front and back of the ear holes have gotten saggy and aren't lining up together. Weird. Very weird.

Missy Tippens said...

LOL!!

jel said...

that was one thing i could never do is pierce my ears!

Missy Tippens said...

Jel, I did it when I was young and brave. :) And actually, my orthodontist did it! He used a shot to numb my ears first. :)