Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Red Bird Mission





I just found out that a new DVD I've been hearing about and looking forward to has been released. It's called Mission Appalachia: The Story of Red Bird, an inspiriational documentary by Todd Scoggins.

I was born and raised in Kentucky, so I love anything having to do with Kentucky. But more than that, this story is about Eastern Kentucky where my dad was born and spent his childhood. He actually grew up a little bit north of the Red Bird Mission area, but his family could very well have been served by this mission.

It's too late to order the DVD for Christmas, but I ordered my copies--one for my dad's birthday coming up this spring. I hope you'll give it a look. When you click the link, you'll see a short video trailer for it. To visit the home page for the Red Bird Mission, click here. You'll see a link for the video on that page.




Red Bird Mission, a non-profit agency located in the Appalachian mountains of Southeastern Kentucky, empowers individuals and advocated justice by providing educational, health, and community outreach ministries to area low-income residents.

7 comments:

Suzie Johnson said...

Missy, this sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Have a very merry and blessed Christmas.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Suzie! I hope you had a great Christmas and will have a happy new year!

Todd Scoggins said...

Missy, Thank you for making your friends aware of the documentary. We will post a link to your blog on the FB fan page. All proceeds go to support the Red Bird Mission and their efforts in southeastern Kentucky.

Missy Tippens said...

Todd, thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the link. I hope sales are going great!

Samantha said...

where was your father from in the Red Bird Area? I am from there as well and I was just wondering? my email address is manthamae07@gmail.com

Missy Tippens said...

Samantha, I just emailed you. :)

Todd Scoggins said...

Just want to let you know. KET (Kentucky's public television station) is airing "Mission Appalachia - The Story of Red Bird" this first week of March. If you are interested, the schedule can be found on KET's website.