Friday, September 04, 2009

Sharing a Pasta Recipe!


When I was trying to think of what to make for dinner tonight (with one child with the flu and one child with a newly-sprained ankle), I looked around the kitchen and had a light bulb moment. Grab anything that'll go on top of pasta. So I started gathering stuff and made a pasta sauce including everything but the kitchen sink. And it turned out yummy! It's not really a recipe. But I thought I could share the ingredients with you. In case you want to try something similar.


I had a tomato out of the garden and chopped it

Fresh basil off my plant (that's sitting on my front porch because it was happy there!)--chopped

One avocado-diced

Bacon-- fried and crumbled


I put it over angel hair pasta that had been tossed in EVOO, as Rachel Ray calls it. (For those who don't watch her, that's extra virgin olive oil). :) Oh, and then we topped it with Parmesan.
I say "we," but my kids would only eat the noodles with cheese on top. (sigh)

Yum! So how about you? Have you happened on any great recipes just by playing? If so, please share!

10 comments:

Missy Tippens said...

IN case anyone's interested, I guess I should add that I fried the bacon. Drained. Then added all ingredients to the pan to heat it through. :)

bigguysmama said...

Man, Missy, that sounds delicious! I love pasta!!! Thanks for sharing. I have no recipes to share unfortunately.

Blessings,
Mimi

Carol Burnside said...

Yum! I'll have to try that. After years of trying to figure out what to make for dinner and altering recipes to fit my family's likes and dislikes, most of my recipes are made up on the spot.

One that has gotten a lot of requests is my Chicken & Dumplings. However, it's too long and involved to post here. :)

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mimi! If you hit on any great ones later, be sure to come let me know. :)

Carol, if you ever type it up for any reason, please email it to me. Chicken and dumplings is one of my hubby's favorite foods.

By the way, I've found some pretty decent frozen dumplings (the flat kind, not the fluffy ones).

Camy Tang said...

Great recipe, Missy! Thanks!
Camy

CatMom said...

That sounds yummy, Missy! ~ I hope your kiddos are doing better now. My middle child just left to return to college (she's been home for 4 days battling a sinus infection- - which at first we thought was the dreaded FLU!). ~ Your new Christmas book sounds wonderful (love that cute cover!). I look forward to seeing you in Denver! Hugs, Patti Jo :)

CatMom said...

P.S. In case you're wondering why I mentioned your Christmas book, I just read your newsletter and saw the cute cover (and read about the story)! :) Patti Jo (who needs to be working on her own writing right now, LOL!!)

Missy Tippens said...

Camy, I hope you enjoy it!

Patti Jo, thanks on the new cover! I absolutely love it!!

I hope your daughter is all better. A sinus infection is no fun. But I bet it was nice to have mom to take care of her. :)

See you in a little over a week!! :)

Mari Suzuki said...

Hi Missy,
First time here. I love your blog -- you inspire me to start blogging again.

That's how I cook all the time -- I call it "Kitchen Wizarding", and I even published a cookbook out of that method. (To prove that it's not a garbage cooking as some may think, the galloping gourmet, Graham Kerr liked it and wrote a foreword for the Kindle version.)

I think that's the easiest and most fun way to cook. The key is taste the food -- I feel S&P (smile and play) and the Confidence is best spice of all. Don't you agree?

Mari

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mari. I'll check out your book.