Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Our Nephew, Buster Posey, Called Up to the Majors!


We're celebrating today! We got a call this morning that our nephew, Buster Posey, got called up from triple-A ball to join the San Francisco Giants! He'll be at the game in Philly tonight. We're thrilled for him! His wife and mom and dad will be there. I hope he gets some playing time! I just hate that we can't watch it on TV. But I'm about to go try to watch it on the computer. :)


Click here for an article from the Giants' website. It says he may get some playing time in later innings. But I'll be nervous for him! :)


Go Giants!!

8 comments:

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

Woohoo! I know you all are so proud of him. I would be.

Project Journal said...

Wow! Very cool!
A big good luck to him!
Hannah

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks! We're hoping he'll get to play tomorrow (Thursday). :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congrats to your nephew. What a major accomplishment!

Carmen7351 said...

Congrats!!! Would be better is he played with the Twins!!! I had a nephew who tried but only got to the Minor League.

bigguysmama said...

That's so awesome. I have to agree with Carmen that it would've been awesome if he'd been with the Twins!

Blessings,
Mimi

Missy Tippens said...

Carmen and Mimi, we were actually hoping for the Braves! :)

Audra Harders said...

That is really awesome news, Missy! Big congratulations all around!