Monday, September 14, 2009

Got my author copies of A Forever Christmas today!


I got my author copies of A Forever Christmas today! It's even more gorgeous in real life. :) Deep, rich reds and greens. For those who belong to the book club and get all 6 books each month, I bet you'll get your copy soon! I'd love to hear if anyone has received one. Just drop me an email at my website or comment here.

My first book, Her Unlikely Family, is up for an award. It's been nominated for American Christian Fiction Writers Book of the Year Contest in the short contemporary category. I'll find out the final results on Saturday night so will post the results next week. I'm up against my good friend Mary Connealy (who's a double finalist!), Kathryn Springer (who's books I love and who is so sweet), and Janice Thompson (who I've also met and is really nice) so it'll be fun no matter who wins. :)
I'll close by sharing the whole list of finalists.



Book of the Year


2009 ACFW Book of the Year Contest Finalists


Debut Author



A Passion Most Pure (Julie Lessman)


Courting Miss Adelaide (Janet Dean)


Every Good and Perfect Gift (Sharon K. Souza)


Hero, Second Class (Mitchell Bonds)


In the Shadow of the Sun King (Golden Keyes Parsons)



Lits



Faking Grace (Tamara Leigh)


Picket Fence Promises (Kathryn Springer)


Single Sashimi (Camy Tang)


Sweet Caroline (Rachel Hauck)


Truffles by the Sea (Julie Carobini)



Long Contemporary



Lookin Back Texas (Leanna Ellis)


One Holy Night (J.M. Hochstetler)


Stuck in the Middle (Virginia Smith)


Summer of Joy (Ann H. Gabhart)


Symphony of Secrets (Sharon Hinck)



Long Contemporary Romance



Along Came a Cowboy (Christine Lynxwiler)


Controlling Interest (Elizabeth White)


The Convenient Groom (Denise Hunter)


Finding Stefanie (Susan May Warren)


Zora and Nicky: A Novel in Black & White (Claudia Mair Burney)



Long Historical (6 finalists due to a tie)



The Apothecary's Daughter (Julie Klassen)


Calico Canyon (Mary Connealy)


Deep In the Heart of Trouble (Deeanne Gist)


From A Distance (Tamera Alexander)


I Have Seen Him in the Watchfires (Cathy Gohlke)


My Heart Remembers (Kim Vogel Sawyer)



Mystery



The Case of the Bouncing Grandma (A.K. Arenz)


Death on a Deadline (Christine Lynxwiler, Sandy Gaskin, and Jan Reynolds)


Drop Dead Diva (Christine Lynxwiler, Sandy Gaskin, and Jan Reynolds)


For Whom the Wedding Bell Tolls (Nancy Mehl)


Of Mice . . . and Murder (Mary Connealy)



NOVELLAS



The Cookie Jar (Janet Lee Barton in A Connecticut Christmas anthology)


Dressed in Scarlet (Darlene Franklin in Snowbound Colorado Christmas anthology)


Santa's Prayer (Diane Ashley in A Connecticut Christmas anthology)


Snowbound for Christmas (Gail Sattler in A Connecticut Christmas anthology)


Stuck On You (Rhonda Gibson in A Connecticut Christmas anthology)



SHORT CONTEMPORARY



Buffalo Gal (Mary Connealy)


Clueless Cowboy (Mary Connealy)


Family Treasures (Kathryn Springer)


Her Unlikely Family (Missy Tippens)


White as Snow (Janice Thompson)



SHORT CONTEMPORARY SUSPENSE



Bayou Paradox (Robin Caroll)


Broken Lullaby (Pamela Tracy)


Countdown to Death (Debby Giusti)


Forsaken Canyon (Margaret Daley)


Killer Cargo (Dana Mentink)



SHORT HISTORICAL



Family of the Heart (Dorothy Clark)


Masked by Moonlight (Allie Pleiter)


Reckless Rogue (Mary Davis)


Return to Love (Susan Page Davis)


Sandhill Dreams (Cara Putman)



SPECULATIVE



The Book of Names (D. Barkley Briggs)


DragonLight (Donita Paul)


The Restorer’s Journey (Sharon Hinck)


Shade (John B. Olson)


Summa Elvetica: A Casuistry of the Elvish Controversy (Theodore Beale)



SUSPENSE



Anathema (Colleen Coble)


The Black Cloister (Melanie Dobson)


Fossil Hunter (John B. Olson)


Lonestar Sanctuary (Colleen Coble)


Perfect (Harry Kraus)



WOMEN'S FICTION (7 finalists due to a tie)



A Month of Summer (Lisa Wingate)


Every Good and Perfect Gift (Sharon K. Souza)


My Sister Dilly (Maureen Lang)


The Perfect Life (Robin Lee Hatcher)


The Shape of Mercy (Susan Meissner)


Stepping into Sunlight (Sharon Hinck)


Tuesday Night at the Blue Moon (Debbie Fuller Thomas)



YOUNG ADULT



The Big Picture (Jenny B. Jones)


The Fruit of My Lipstick (Shelley Adina)


It’s all About Us (Shelley Adina)


The Owling (Robert Elmer)


Trion Rising (Robert Elmer)



CONGRATULATIONS FINALISTS!




5 comments:

Carole said...

I love the cover of A Forever Christmas, Missy. It puts me in the mood to start reading Christmas fiction soon. And congratulations on your award nomination for Her Unlikely Family. Just being nominated is an honor, but I'd love to see you win.

Jill Kemerer said...

The cover is gorgeous Missy!! Congrats on the new book coming out AND the award nomination! Can't wait to hear if you won or not!

Sheila Deeth said...

Lovely cover! You're making me think of Christmas. And many congratulations!

Suzie Johnson said...

Congratulations Missy. I agree, it's a beautiful cover. I can't wait to read it. Best of luck at the awards ceremony!

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, ladies! I just got back from Denver. I'm worn out! LOL

I didn't win the award. But I'm thrilled for Kathryn Springer. She's such a great writer! I'm honored to have been in the same finalist group with her.