Monday, July 20, 2009

Home for the Romance Writers of America national conference!


I just got back from the RWA National conference in Washington, D.C. It was such a great week, especially spending time with the Steeple Hill editors and all my writing friends. And I learned so much! I even had a morning for sight-seeing. Janet Dean and her husband were kind enough to let me tag along for a tour of the Capitol. We were luck enough to have our tour guide give us tickets to sit in the Senate gallery!

The first photo is of the Supreme Court. We passed it while walking back to the subway station. TV reporters were outside because of the hearings going on for Sotomayer.

The next photo is of the fresco ceiling of the Capitol rotunda. Oh my goodness. It was amazing!


And here's the gorgeous Capitol on a perfectly sunny day. We had the best time!
We also visited the Library of Congress. And if you pop over to the Seekerville blog, you can see photos of that as well as lots of people photos. Including one of me with Janet Evanovich! :)
So head on over to Seekerville to hear a bit more about this wonderful conference. And for writers, I share some of my picks for best workshops.

Missy

No comments: