Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back from a Wonderful Vacation!


We just got back from Orange Beach, Alabama, from a wonderful week of family vacation. We had such a great time! The weather was wonderful (only one day was partly rainy). And we stayed at a new condo complex that was amazing. Left, is a photo of the pool with the beach in the background. And also a shot from the pool area out to the beach.

And then, a photo my daughter took of me doing my favorite vacation activity--reading on the beach! I finished 3 or 4 books while I was there. And you can see that I'm reading one of my good friend's books--Janet Dean's newest, Courting the Doctor's Daughter. I always hate to leave beach paradise and head home. But it sure is nice to be back in my bed. :)




5 comments:

Project Journal said...

Missy,
So glad you had a fun time. It looks and sounds like you had a lot of it!
How is Courting the Doctor's Daughter(I think that's what it's called!)? I really want to read it. I'm sure it was good, but why not get a second opinion from someone who's read it, right!?
Thanks,
Hannah

Missy Tippens said...

Hannah,

I haven't finished it yet, but it's really good so far! I'm sure it'll end great. :) Janet does characters so well.

Project Journal said...

Yes, she does! I'm going to try and find a copy of it for me! Lol...Enjoy the ending!
Hannah

Anita Mae Draper said...

Hey Missy, glad you had a great vacation. I just finished Her Unlikely Family and it inspired me to write a blog post for the Chicks. :)

I'm reading Courting the Doctor's Daughter now, too.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Anita Mae! I went and checked out your post on kissing. So fun!!

Y'all should go visit the Prairie Chicks Write Romance blog! :)