Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home from Spring Break and Catching Up

We're home from a great trip to Kentucky to visit with my parents! It was the kids' spring break (a late one!). While we were there, my dad had surgery that went well. So that's a blessing. Please keep him in your prayers, though. He has to repeat the procedure in a couple of weeks.

I'm finishing up line edits on my November book, A Forever Christmas. This is the point where my editor has gone over the manuscript with a fine-tooth comb and recommended changes and corrected mistakes and typos. I'm on the last two pages, then will mail it off on Monday!

Oh, and also, I got a peek at the cover. I absolutely LOVE it!! I can't wait until it's in its final form so I can share it with you. That'll probably be in September. Until then, I keep pulling it up on my computer and staring at it, sighing, driving my family crazy as I brag on it. :)

As soon as I mail this book off, I can get back to my new proposal. I couldn't sleep last night and had an idea hit me. I had to get out of bed at midnight and type up my thoughts! I'm really excited about the story and hope to sell it eventually.

On a sad note, my daughter's hamster, Teddy, died last night. He was the sweetest little thing. We'll miss him.

Missy

4 comments:

Anita Mae Draper said...

Hey Missy, sorry about the hampster.

But on a good note - about you thinking of story ideas in the middle of the night - I love it when that happens - as if you're finally quiet enough to hear God talking to you. :)

Missy Tippens said...

I know, Anita Mae. Sometimes I like being unable to sleep! :)

LynnRush said...

Hi Missy! Awesome news about your edits and stuff. That's great. Sad about the hamster, thought.

I often get ideas in a dream or while sleeping, or even while just waking up. It's GREAT when that happens.

So, write on, my friend.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Lynn. Same to you!