Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sharing a Little Spring



I just love spring. It's my favorite season. And for those who may live where it's still wintry weather, I thought I'd share a little Georgia weather with you. This is one of my favorite trees. A cherry tree along the road up the street. I wish I could capture the true beauty as the sun shines on the barely-pink blossoms! I took this photo on my cell phone one day while driving down the street.


And these next two photos are of a gorgeous tree outside our church. I admire it every year. Just this morning, I was driving by and stopped to get photos on my cell phone. :) You may be able to click to enlarge the photo and see the glorious flowers.
I especially love when the blossom petals start blowing off the tree. It's like being in a pale pink snowfall!
Did I mention how much I love spring??!! :)
Missy

6 comments:

LynnRush said...

Nice pictures. Spring is a wonderful time, that's for sure!

Missy Tippens said...

Yes, I love it!! And I love summer and fall. But winter's not fun for me. :)

CatMom said...

Hey Missy! Yes, our Georgia spring is off to a lovely start! The cherry trees in my town have been so pretty too, along with the Bradford Pear (I have one in my backyard that I LOVE!) and the Redbud (with lavender blooms). You did a great job getting those pics with your cell phone - - I would've dropped my phone trying to take a picture-LOL! Hugs, Patti Jo :)

Anita Mae Draper said...

These pics were taken a week ago?

You have blossoms!

Wow! That's all I can say as I look out at my white landscape and it's not white because of any blossoms, that's for sure. :)

Missy Tippens said...

Yes, Anita Mae. The Bradford pears are now finished blooming and are totally green! I'll have to post gorgeous pics of our crabapple trees!

Hang in there. You'll see those blossoms soon!

Anita Mae Draper said...

Yeah, right. Love your optimism.

I'll tell you what - You posted your blossoms on Mar 21st. Mark that date on your calendar and when I see our blossoms - which will be the crab-apple trees - we'll see how many weeks difference, eh?

Meanwhile, keep writing. :)