Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dinner for Five


My college freshman son came home for a few days for spring break. We loved having him here! And what was so nice for me was to be able to go out to eat and once again ask for a table for five.

Of course, the last couple of years of high school, he spent most of his time with friends. But we usually made him eat with us several times a week. :) So once he left for college, it was pretty sad when we started going out and and had to ask for a table for four on a regular basis. I guess everything is an adjustment once that oldest child first leaves home. (Did I ever tell the story about breaking down in the grocery store, crying by the freezer case, when I realized I didn't need to buy the party-size Stouffer's lasagna anymore, but needed to downsize to the family size?)


So last night we went to Cracker Barrel and I proudly asked for a five-top. :) We had such a nice time. Now I'm really looking forward to summer!

Missy

4 comments:

bigguysmama said...

Missy, I kid you not, I almost started crying when I read about you crying in the freezer section of the grocery store! Ugh, I know I'm gonna lose it in the same way when my "baby" heads to college. I'm so glad you had a "Dinner for Five" with your son home!!

Blessings,
Mimi B

LynnRush said...

Ahhhh. I'm glad you had a great time with your son. **smile**

Missy Tippens said...

Mimi, I thought of you as I posted! Do you know yet where your daughter will go? Maybe you'll be lucky, and it'll be close enough to home for weekend visits! :)

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Lynn.

I have to laugh. Just this morning, I found that he forgot his shaving kit! I texted him to ask what he did for a toothbrush, and got no answer. LOL