Friday, January 02, 2009

In Memory of Anna Brooke Hurdle



I wanted to take a minute to remember Anna Hurdle today, the day of her burial. She was beautiful, sweet, and loved God. She was a member of our church and was part of the confirmation class with my daughter. One of my main memories is of when she once came to play, and the girls decided to wash my van. I got them started, but then came inside. Little did I know, they would wash the top, too...by climbing up there! So while working on the wet, slick top, poor Anna slipped right off the the roof head first, hit the side mirror (knocking it mostly off!) and then landed on the driveway on her mouth. Oh my, she looked like she'd been in a barroom brawl! :) Her mom and I were so worried about her teeth, and Elizabeth had to leave school to come get her and take her to the dentist. I felt awful! But Anna was such a trooper. I don't even remember seeing a tear. Well, maybe her eyes watered a little. I would have been wailing. But she was so brave.

We'll all miss Anna.

Please keep praying for her family.

Missy

5 comments:

the reverend mommy said...

Prayers continuing.

Jane said...

Oh Missy, how heartbreaking. My heart goes out to them. Please assure them of our prayers.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, ladies. The service was beautiful.

CatMom said...

Oh Missy....that precious child...I have been praying for the family and will continue.
With prayers,
Patti Jo
1 Peter 5:7

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks so much, Patti Jo. I know the family is comforted, knowing so many are praying.

Missy