Saturday, December 27, 2008

Please be in prayer...

Some of my friends lost their 11-year-old daughter yesterday. Some sort of infection (they still don't know what it was). It happened so quickly. As I lay in bed last night, unable to sleep, I thought about how we're never guaranteed anything. We could die at any time. We could get sick at any time. We could be in an accident at any time.

And it made me think about what's most important to me. As we approach the new year, a time of setting goals and reflecting on the past year, I encourage you to look at what's most important to you. Look at what you think God really wants you to worry about. What does God want you to focus on? What really matters in this lifetime?

And would you please pray for the Hurdle and Costello families? Only with God's help will they be able to walk through this.

Thanks,
Missy

8 comments:

Audra Harders said...

Such a devastating loss! My prayers are with the families. I'm certain this time of questioning and loss is tough on your family, too. May the Lord bless you with comfort and peace.

swak!

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks so much, Audra.

bigguysmama said...

Missy I'll be lifting this hurting family up to the Lord. I'm so thankful the body of Christ extends over the earth so we can pray for brothers and sisters we've never met.

In Christ,
Mimi B

the reverend mommy said...

Prayers their way. What a tragedy -- and what a time of year for it.

Anita Mae Draper said...

Awh Missy - prayers going out not only to the mentioned families but also to you because I can tell you're grieving right alongside of them.

Missy Tippens said...

Thank you so much, everyone. The family is hanging in there.

Missy

CatMom said...

Oh Missy, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of that precious child....my prayers are with those families, and with YOU too.
Hugs, Patti Jo
1 Peter 5:7

Missy Tippens said...

Thank you so much for the prayers, Patti Jo.