Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged!



I've been tagged by Debby Giusti from the Craftie Ladies of Suspense blog! I'm supposed to tell 7 random facts about about reading.


1. When I'm on vacation, I plow through books like you wouldn't believe. I usually take a huge canvas bag full of books and go through them all. (My poor family!)


2. While on vacation, I love to read down at the beach! It have a beach umbrella and comfortable low-slung chair. I read a while, doze a while, read a while.... You get the picture. :)


3. Of my three children, only one loves to read like I do. The other two can take it or leave it (although my daughter loves to write like I do).


4. I've always loved to buy the kids books--ever since they were babies and got their first cloth book. Once in elementary school, my son had to count all his books for a math assignment. He counted 1500!! And yes, I have a box full ready to give away right now.


5. Right now I'm reading two books. One I keep in the house: King of Sword and Sky by C.L. Wilson. The other I keep in the car for sitting in the carpool line and eating out by myself: Single Sashimi by Camy Tang. I'm loving both of them!


6. I have a hard time reading guilt free. I'm usually thinking I should be writing. But sometimes at night I'll take a break and give myself permission to read without feeling any guilt. :)


7. And since Debby tagged me, I want to say that I love reading her books! So exciting!

4 comments:

Debby Giusti said...

Missy, thanks for your sweet comment about my books!!!

Congrats on the next two you have coming out . . . I can't wait!!!!

And we'll both have books out for Christmas 2009!!! Woo-hoo! Great stocking stuffers for all our family members.

I'm readying Single Sashimi too and enjoying it. That heroine Camy created has attitude, doesn't she?

Have a great Thanksgiving with your wonderful family!

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks for coming by, Debby! I hope you have a great holiday, too!

Missy

Anita Mae said...

Hey Missy, I hear you on the vacation and reading part.

I think it's great that you buy books for your kids but 1500? Wow.

Missy Tippens said...

Hi, anita Mae.

Well, I was a bit mortified to find out we had so many! Of course, they were bought over a period of about 15 years. :) And many were gifts. AFter my dad retired, he worked for a while for a textbook company, and he got us a lot of free little "reader" book samples for early grades.