Saturday, November 29, 2008

Home Again


We're back from a wonderful trip to my parent's house in Kentucky. It was so nice to go home! The trip seemed too short, though.

I did have time for lunch with my college roommates on Friday. I hadn't seen one of them in 3 years! We had such a good time catching up and acting like we're still about 20 years old. :)

Would you believe I forgot to take another single photo?! So I don't have any of my family. I will say it was an interesting holiday visit with my mom and her broken foot and broken wrist! Since she usually does most of the Thanksgiving cooking, it turned into a group effort with my sister and I trying to keep my mom and dad out of the kitchen as much as possible. And though we didn't do all our normal feast, we did have the basics--turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs and pumpkin pie. (In case you noticed the lack of "color," it's because we forgot the vegetables!) LOL

All in all, we had a great time together relaxing, talking, watching old movies on TV--and lots of football. No crowds, no shopping (other than to run in Walmart for a football) and no Internet or work. Just a great time with family.

How did your Thanksgiving go?

Missy

No comments: