Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!


I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I wish you lots of time with family and friends. And after all the stress I've been hearing about, I wish you a PEACEFUL, relaxed time. :) Also, for those traveling, I wish you a safe journey.
And now I want to share a recipe with you. My hair stylist told me about it yesterday, and I made it this evening. I think it's just about the best cake I've ever made. I know it's the moistest and most tender. So enjoy!!
Pecan Pound Cake
1 box yellow cake mix with butter
1 can pecan icing (the one I found was the pecan/coconut for German chocolate cakes)
4 eggs
1 c water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
Preheat 350 degrees
Grease or spray a Bundt cake pan (I used real butter)
Dust the buttered pan with powdered sugar (instead of flour) [I had never heard of this and it made a gorgeous texture on the cake!]
Combine water, oil, cake mix and can of icing. Then mix in eggs one at a time with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 1 hour. Let cool about 20 minutes, then dump out of pan onto plate.
Voila! Yummy! And it's heavenly served warm!
Missy

5 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

This sounds really easy, Missy. I wonder how it would work as bars. I could serve this for the coffee hour at church if it could be made into smaller portions.

I may try it and report back.

Not today though. I've got three pies to make tomorrow. Got the crusts doen and in the freezer already though, so it'll be a snap.

Missy Tippens said...

Mary, it's too tender to cut into bars. It fell apart when I sliced it. But you could probably do it in muffin cups.

Have fun baking pies! :)

Camy Tang said...

Wow Missy, that sounds good!
Camy

Angela Breidenbach said...

sounds really sweet. I'm all for that, lol.
Angie

Missy Tippens said...

Camy, it's so good! I ate another piece tonight. (It's like Lays potato chips!)

Angie, it's wonderfully sweet. :)