Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm still here!

I am still alive. Just haven't blogged in a while. :)



We had the best visit last weekend with my son at college for Parent and Family Weekend. We hadn't seen him in 2 months, and I was surprised that when I first hugged him, I started crying! (Outside, with other people nearby.) All the kids were laughing at me. And I was laughing and crying at the same time. Very embarrassing. LOL



We spent 3 nights there and had a great visit. We also got to go to church with him Sunday morning to see where he's attending now. It was hard to leave, but much easier than the last time we left him. This time, we know he has some friends and is doing much better. Oh, and we got to meet some of the friends. Very nice!


Have a great weekend! It's gorgeous here in Georgia. Sunny and 60 degrees. What about you?

Missy

5 comments:

CatMom said...

Yes, you're right Missy - - it's beautiful here in Georgia!! This is my favorite time of year and days like this are such a blessing. ~ I'm so glad you were able to visit with your son at college...I KNOW how hard it is being away from them....it's still hard and I have 2 daughters away(one working on her Masters). But when you realize they're safe, happy and making good choices it helps so much. Blessings to you, Patti Jo :)

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Patti Jo. It is much easier now that he's happy. In the beginning, he was so lonely it just broke my heart. It was a very difficult time.

How often do you get to see your daughters? I remember one went to Minneapolis with you. How fun!

CatMom said...

Hey Missy: The daughter who went to MN with me (Amy) is super busy now (working on her Masters, working for 2 professors, and works in a gift shop!) so she's only home about every 3 months- - I MISS HER!! (but we talk/text daily!). Becca is a college junior and is home once or twice a month...but it's still hard even though she's just 1 1/2 hours away! I'm so thankful my son is still at home (high school Jr.). Hugs, Patti Jo :)

Missy Tippens said...

Patti Jo, that every 3 months sounds tough! Aren't you thankful for cell phones!! :)

Missy

CatMom said...

YES!! *grin* I say my cell phone is my "lifeline" with my kiddos! Cannot imagine being without one now! :)