Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cooking and Brainstorming. :)

I was watching the Food Network this morning while brainstorming ideas for my revised proposal. I know some people (my hubby included!) think I'm crazy for having the TV on while I'm working. But most of the time, I like to have background noise. Even if it's just music.

Today, though, I had cooking shows playing while I was going through external conflict in my head. I think I've come up with a pretty good idea. At the same time, I saw a yummy-looking recipe from Rachel Ray for a pasta dish. :) Later, after I've jumped into writing the new synopsis, I'll get online and find the recipe. (It was a crab pasta dish made with shell pasta and a bunch of herbs, in case you want to try to find it.) :)

So, do you like background noise while you're paying the bills or reading a book? Or are you someone who needs quiet to concentrate?

Missy

4 comments:

CatMom said...

Hey Missy! I've just "found" your blog - YAY!! :) ~ I'm so easily distracted I really need quiet when I'm doing something I must concentrate on (this from a former Kindergarten teacher-LOL!). ~ Just now read about your second book being sold - - CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news - - did you go out to eat to celebrate? (I'm always thinking of excuses to eat out*grin*). Hugs, Patti Jo :)

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Patti Jo! I wish I could have! I love going out to eat. But we actually had something going on with the kids that night (can't even remember what it was now). :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Erica Vetsch said...

I need it quiet while I work, but I am addicted to cooking shows. An odd quirk since I loathe cooking. :) I'll have to use that for a character sometime if I ever write a contemporary story.

Missy Tippens said...

LOL, Erica! I collect cookbooks and almost never use them! I just love looking at them. :)

But I do try some of the things I see on the shows. Of course, I usually make things once. Then it's back to good ol' spaghetti or hotdogs. :)

Definitely a great character quirk. :)

Missy