Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This and That

The book signing went great on Saturday. We used to live near that area, so several old friends from our former church dropped by. It was wonderful to see everyone! And so nice of them to come support me. Thank you to our County Line family!

Well, we're down to the countdown to moving my son to the dorm. We're buying the last supplies he needs (just thought of toiletries yesterday!) and he'll start packing soon. He's also completing an online course all in-coming freshman have to do on alcohol education. I think it's a great idea. Plus, he's trying to finish up a book they all have to read before arriving on campus. Believe it or not, he's not much of a reader, so he's struggling. He told me today he's going to have to give himself an incentive. Once he finishes both assignments, he'll go buy Madden 09. Whatever it takes! (My incentives always seem to be food--in the chocolate food group! Not good.) :)

I'll be blogging in Seekerville on Wednesday and at the F.A.I.T.H. blog on Thursday. I hope you'll stop by!

Would you believe I saw signs of fall today?! A tree across the street from the church is turning red. I couldn't believe it! Maybe it's because everything is so dry. We're all praying for rain around here.

Are any of you from the North? Are you seeing leaves turn yet?

Missy

No comments: