Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This and That

A friend of mine emailed to tell me about her cousin's husband, a musician. She sent the link to his website so I could listen to his music. He really does have a beautiful voice. Check it out and see what you think:

http://www.davidask.com/

Also, last night at our church, we had a covered dish dinner (pot luck is what I grew up calling it in Kentucky) . It was a chance to welcome new pastors and families to our district. I met a really nice pastor who has what looks to be a fun blog. You might want to check it out, too:

http://reverendmommy.blogspot.com/

I'm still recovering from vacation. Isn't it funny that you have to do that? We had the most relaxing week at the beach--lots of family time (well, actually, total family time!) But then we had to pack up everything and re-load the car, then make the 6.5 hour trip home. It wears you out!

When I get my act together, I'll post some photos. Right now, I'm preparing to send my revisions off. Doing a last read-through (and having my husband give it a read-through for typos, etc.). I hope to mail it Friday. Then it's time to get back to working on my next proposal!

Have you read any good books lately? You can see what I've read on my Shelfari page (see my shelf on the right side-bar).

Hope you're having a great week! Oh, a reminder to have your annual skin cancer check! I had mine today. I had a few spots the doctor froze on my face. (I was so bad when I was a teenager, using baby oil and iodine at the pool all day every day!) I hope you'll remember to see your dermatologist each year. (And wear sunscreen. And don't do tanning beds.)

Here's a link to a great blog hosted by a writer friend, Tina Russo. It's all about battling cancer and has lots of great info and the latest about research:

http://cancer.battlingforhealth.com/

Missy

2 comments:

Tina M. Russo said...

Hey, Dude. Thanks for mentioning the site. :) Tina

Missy Tippens said...

You're welcome!