Sunday, July 20, 2008

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network

Tonight on Episode 27 of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Original air date: 3-10-08), a woman said a wonderful thing: "The food has a lot of love in it, and you can always taste it when people cook with love."

I just love that quote! And isn't it true? Don't you think my kids know the difference between the frozen waffles I give them most mornings and the French toast or pancakes I make on occasion? And what about when I make a special pasta recipe? They went crazy for a new one I made a couple of weeks ago. It took a lot more work than my usual fare (and was pretty expensive to make because of the ingredients). But they knew the difference between that and my regular ol' spaghetti (I do have to say they love my spaghetti, too). Still, they knew it was something special, and I think it made them feel special.

We definitely show love to our families through food. I'll share a link to my new pasta recipe below--and I admit I just figured out that when I wrote the recipe down, I wrote the wrong amount of cheese! That's why it was so expensive when I made it. LOL I wrote 1 pound of cheese instead of 1 cup. :) But boy, was it nice and cheesy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/baked-rigatoni-with-bechamel-sauce-recipe/index.html

Could you share any special dish you make that's full of love?

Missy P.S. This cooking with love idea has me thinking about writing with love. I may use it for my post in Seekerville on Monday. I hope you'll stop by! www.seekerville.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Camy Tang said...

What a great recipe, Missy! I just printed it out to try it!
Camy

the reverend mommy said...

That sounds like a great recipe. I love that kind of pasta dish -- and I think I'll try it with the extra cheese.

I love Food Network's website -- especially the Alton Brown stuff. He's so good. I learned how to brine a turkey from him.

Missy Tippens said...

Hey, Camy and Theresa,

YOu'll have to let me know how the pasta turns out!

Just a note: I didn't use nearly as much proscuitto as it called for, and it still turned out great.

Jessica said...

My tastebuds love Chicken Gorgonzala!

Missy Tippens said...

Jessica, I love gorgonzola cheese! I bet I would love that recipe! :)

Missy