Thursday, June 19, 2008

Seen any good movies lately?

My son went to a movie tonight, and it got me thinking about movies. I recently saw College Road Trip (yes, it's been out a while-- we saw it at the dollar theater). It was cute, and since I have a child going off to college soon, I cried at the end.

I guess the last movie we saw before that was Horton Hears a Who. Movies at the "regular" theater are $10.00 now, which is highway robbery! So we've been trying to be patient and see them later at the dollar theater (literally $1 or $2 depending on the day of the week).

So, what movies have you seen lately? Did you like them? I'd appreciate any recommendations!

Missy

4 comments:

bigguysmama said...

Hi Missy. Movies are a treat we don't get to enjoy. We don't have a dollar theater around anymore and matinee prices are what movie prices were 5 yrs ago. The last movie I saw was Prince Caspian. Other than that, the highway robbery keeps me heading back to the library for free movies. I already have 27 dresses in my hot little hands! If I can find out when movies are going to be released on DVD I head to the library online and try not to be the 150th person to reserve it! :o) I hope you can find some good movies to keep seeing at the dollar theater!

In Him,
Mimi

Missy Tippens said...

Mimi,

You know, I never think of the library! I just rent movies at the grocery store. I'll have to give our library a try.

I LOVED 27 Dresses! You'll enjoy it. So cute.

My 18-year-old son and his friends ended up seeing Horton Hears a Who last night! I couldn't believe then chose it. LOL But he thought is was really well-written and clever. I had to laugh because I thought for sure they would see one of the horror movies. :)

Missy

Jane said...

We actually watched "Rambo" (the new one) the other day. It was VERY bloody!!! Warren is a fan of Rambo movies.......me, not so much!!!
We also saw "Horton Hears a Who" on the plane to Venezuela. It was really cute!

Missy Tippens said...

Hey, Jane. Yeah, Rambo isn't my thing either. :)

There are several movies coming out this summer that I really want to see. Of course, I'm drawing a big blank right now.

Oh, Get Smart is one!