Monday, June 09, 2008

Graduation Photos




Graduation went great! We were so proud of our son. I thought I'd share a couple of photos with you. First, my son with me and my husband after the ceremony (I look so wilted! You can tell it was over 90 degrees outside when it started!).



And here he is as he gives his speech. He did such a great job. Didn't seem nervous at all. I was relieved he did so well because he had a bad cold.
I only cried once. :) That was while one of the classmates sang a gorgeous song she'd written--sung to her mom, saying look at me now, you've made me everything I am, telling her she hoped that she was proud of her. Oh, my. That one choked me up.
We had all the grandparents here, plus my sister and brother-in-law. So it was great to share it with everyone. Plus, we got to watch the draft on Thursday and see my nephew drafted in the first round by the San Francisco Giants! And we were able to watch his and my other nephew's team (FL State) win the Super Regionals. A very exciting weekend!
Now school's out (for the kids, anyway)! It'll be interesting to see how much writing I can get done with everyone at home and friends constantly spending the night. :)
Missy

12 comments:

Myra Johnson said...

Wow, Missy! You must be so proud!

Pam Hillman said...

Wow, he looks like a carbon copy of his dad.

Congrats to your son, Missy. I know you're extremely proud.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks for stopping by, Myra and Pam!

Yes, we were so proud of him. He's worked really hard and has been so easy! I just hope the other two follow suit. :)

Missy

Janet Dean said...

Missy, congratulations to your graduate! You don't look wilted. Just proud, as you should be. The song you described would have me in tears, too.

Janet

Belinda Peterson said...

Missy,
Great photo. You look fabulous!! I think you did great only crying once...remember that when he goes to college. One quick cry and we're off to Starbucks and I'll bring the chocolate.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, ladies! I appreciate you stopping by to see the photos. I think I took at least 50 shots. :)

Lindi, Starbuck's and chocolate sound perfect. After Over the Border and some cheese dip first, though. :)

Missy

Ausjenny said...

looking good. congrats to your son

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks so much, Jenny!

Missy

Jane said...

Well, you have every reason to be proud. It is hard when the first one graduates and goes off to college. Yes, there are tears but you know it has to happen so you buck up and give them a BIG hug and send them off. THEN you go in your room and cry your eyes out!!!!!!!!
Hope to see you at conference this week.

Missy Tippens said...

Hi, Jane. Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, I'll try my best not to cry in front of him! :)

Missy

Tina M. Russo said...

He is so darn cute.

Congrats, Missy.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks, Tina! He looks like his mom. ;)

Missy