Thursday, May 22, 2008

Heart of Dixie Readers Luncheon

I had a wonderful trip to Huntsville, AL, this past weekend for the Heart of Dixie annual Readers Luncheon. Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense author, Debby Giusti, and I travelled together and had the best time! She posted a great summary at The Craftie Ladies of Suspense blog on Wednesday, May 21. Please hop over and read it to see what a great time we had! I'll post some photos here later. http://ladiesofsuspense.blogspot.com/

Also, I'm posting on the F.A.I.T.H. blog on Thursday. I hope you'll drop by!

Missy

2 comments:

luv2read said...

What is the heart of Dixies readers luncheon? sounds interesting. spowell01(at)bellsouth(dot)net

Missy Tippens said...

Heart of Dixie is an Romance Writers of America chapter located in Alabama. The chapter hosts a lucheon each year where authors come and host a table. Then readers can go to the lunch and sit with their favorite authors. Authors also put together gift baskets and they have a drawing to give those away. Then afterwards, there's a book signing.

It was a great success again this year. (This was my first time to attend.) They maxed out at 144 attendees-- all the room would hold. Next year they've reserved 2 ballrooms. I plan to go again! It was fun meeting readers. :)

Missy