Monday, May 12, 2008

75th Birthday Party and Mother's Day

I spend a wonderful weekend with my mom and dad. The kids and I drove to Nashville to meet up with my sister and brother-in-law. Then we all drove to Kentucky to surprise my dad for his 75th birthday. Because of terrible Atlanta traffic plus a horrible accident on the interstate in Tennessee, we were really late. My mom had tried to keep my dad up, but he had finally gone to bed around 10 pm. So when we arrived around 10:30, we lit the candles on the cake and went in the bedroom singing Happy Birthday. We didn't think he would ever wake up! LOL But when he finally did, he was thrilled. He got up and we all had cake, and he opened his gifts. Then we also surprised my mother with Mother's Day gifts. I think she thought we had forgotten her in all the secretive planning. :)



It was a great weekend. Too short, but wonderful.



For you moms out there, what did you do for Mother's Day? For those who aren't moms, what did you do for your own mom or for someone special in your life?



Missy

2 comments:

Belinda Peterson said...

I'm glad you had a great time.
I got to get into the hot tub Sunday afternoon.
It was fun!!!

Missy Tippens said...

Sounds wonderful and relaxing, Lindi!

Missy