Sunday, April 20, 2008

Such a Clutz

Well, I stepped off a little ledge at a friend's house today and broke the 5th metatarsal in my foot. I was so embarrassed! It happened while she was having a Lia Sophia Jewelry party, lots of people there, etc. The poor thing felt awful, and I felt awful for falling. I tried not to make a scene, made it through the party, then called my husband to come get me to go get an x-ray. (It had popped when it happened, a sound they heard across the kitchen, so I knew it had to be pretty bad.)

I've got to go see an orthopedist tomorrow. My father-in-law, a retired orthopedic surgeon, thinks I'll probably have a cast for 3 weeks. In fact, when I described my foot folding and the pop, he diagnosed the 5th metatarsal break over the phone without x-rays! :)

I guess I'll let you know how I'm doing tomorrow. Prayers for patience would be appreciated! (And of course for healing.)

In the meantime, please stop my the Seekerville blog on Monday. I'm posting on facing our fears.

Missy

6 comments:

Missy Tippens said...

I now have a walking cast boot thingy! I still can't put weight on it, but I have hope I'll be able to soon.

Thanks for prayers!

Missy

Belinda Peterson said...

Missy,
Get better. I hope your pain is easing.

Ausjenny said...

Oh that would hurt I hope you are feeling a little better now.
Oh and i have no idea which bone that was you broke but it sounds painful.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks Lindi and Jenny!

Jenny, it's the bone that runs from the pinkie toe along the outside of the foot. It broke at about the middle of the side of my foot.

I'm able to put a tad of weight on the boot today!

Ausjenny said...

OH ouch.
Praying you heal fast.
Are you and Cheryl trying to out do each other at present?

Missy Tippens said...

Yeah, Jenny. I joked with the Seekers that I was jealous of all the attention Cheryl was getting so went out and broke my foot! LOL