Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Special Guest Amy Wallace!

I'm so pleased to welcome Amy Wallace, friend and RITA finalist! Amy is in the midst of a blog tour for her new release, Healing Promises, but in addition, today is a special day in her family. Today, we're going to celebrate her husband's birthday! First, we'll celebrate the book, then the birthday. Be sure to join in, because a prize is involved: An autographed copy of Healing Promises, a Healing Promises mug and a gift card from Starbucks!

First off, let me give a heads up. Though Healing Promises can be a stand-alone story, it's actually a sequel to Ransomed Dreams, Amy's previous release. You'll want to read Randsomed Dreams first so you don't read spoilers in Healing Promises! If you'd like to read the first chapter Ransomed Dreams, please visit http://www.defendersofhope.com/rd_chapter.html .

Also, Amy has an amazingly fun and chocolatey website. :) Please visit her at http://www.amywallace.com/ and be sure to sign up for her newsletter .

So now it's birthday time! David, we're excited you could be with us here today. Happy birthday from all of us in the blog world! As a tribute to you, Amy has started a poem, and our blog readers will write the conlcuding verse. Amy will select her favorite, or maybe you can choose the winner! The winning entry will receive the prize mentioned above.

For those of you who enter, please leave your entry in the the comments section along with your email or blog address so I can reach you if you win. I look forward to the entries!!

Here's the the poem opening. You write the final verse:


I Still Do

I hold you in my heart
My love to you I give
He holds us together
As three in One we live

********************************
A special note to David from Amy:
Happy Birthday, David!!! Remember this poem? Or should I say song. ;-) Those words sung from a giddy, newly-wed heart over thirteen years ago are still as true today. Maybe a little less giddy, but so much deeper. And they fit perfectly into Healing Promises because you're the reason Steven, Clint and Michael are the heroes they are. Happy Birthday, honey! Always remember, I still do... forever, David.

23 comments:

Cindy Woodsmall said...

Hey, Amy and David!

I hold you in my heart
And there you'll always be
The thing that holds us together
Is a love others can't see

Hugs,

CW

Gina Welborn said...

Amy, congrats on the Rita final!

And thanks for letting Missy share the link to Ransomed Dreams. Good thing I had a roll of toilet paper next to my computer. I suppose a box of tissues would be more appropriate, but my two little ones would have the tissues strewn all about the house like they did with the box of baby wipes.

Missy Tippens said...

Hi, Cindy! Great verse. :)

And Gina, I don't see your entry. :) Go for it.

Thanks for stopping by to celebrate, ladies!

Missy

Rhonda McKnight said...

I Still Do

I hold you in my heart
My love to you I give
He holds us together
As three in One we live
Our future we won’t barter
In HIM we’ll always be my partners

I don't believe I've written a poem since middle school, but wanted to wish you a happy birthday, David.

Rhonda McKnight Nain
ACFW, Visions in Print

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks for joining in, Rhonda!

Missy

windycindy said...

Happy Birthday, David! I hope you have many more happy and healthy birthdays.....Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Amy Wallace said...

I'm thrilled to be among great poets today! Thanks for helping me celebrate a very special day.

Keep those stanzas coming and don't be shy!

And because I'm in a gift giving mood today, I have a second gift basket for a special someone. All you need to do is answer this question...

Where did the first stanza of the posted poem come from and where does it appear in Healing Promises?

Happy poem writing!

Tina M. Russo said...

Hi Amy,

Congrats on your Rita.

I tried,but I don't do poems.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Poetry's a puzzle
I need a muzzle

Missy Tippens said...

Y'all are good! Even you, Tina. ;)

Keep the verses coming! Also, please be sure to enter for the extra gift basket if you know the answer. :)

Welcome, Amy! I'm heading out for senior night for my son, but will be back this evening.

Missy

Kit Wilkinson said...

Congrats on the Rita final! And happy B-day to your man. (I married a David too) Good name.
Love your book cover!

Missy Tippens said...

I'm back! Sorry to be gone so long.

Come on folks, be brave. Write those poems! :) Let's serenade David.

Missy

Missy Tippens said...

Okay, just for David, I'll take a stab at it. (Of course, I'm not eligible to win.)

I hold you in my heart
My love to you I give
He holds us together
As three in One we live

I love our life together
When He's our bonding glue
Our love will last forever
'Cause through Him we're new.

Man, I'm glad I do fiction and not poetry!! Whew. That's tough.

Missy :)

Belinda Peterson said...

Our love will grow stronger
As we live day to day
Thankful every minute
For Love that lights our way.

Belinda Peterson said...

Oh, and Happy birthday David!!!

Missy Tippens said...

Good one, Lindi!

Kit, it's great to see you here. It looks like you've had a Golden Heart photo made. You look gorgeous!

Missy Tippens said...

I also meant to say welcome, Cindi!

Missy Tippens said...

You're not too late to take part in the contest. I'll look for latecomers tomorrow morning. :)

Missy

Christy LaShea said...

Happy Birthday David!

I agree with Kit, the book cover is great. I think they fit Clint to a "T"

Ausjenny said...

Happy belated birthday David

Amy Wallace said...

Thanks so much to everyone who wrote great poems and posted wonderful messages. My hubby and I had a ball reading through them last night.

Thanks for helping make David's birthday even more fun!

And thank you for the RITA congrats and the comments on the cover. I think the cover of Healing Promises captures Clint too.

Gina~ thanks for reading the first chapter of RD. Tissue or toilet paper works just as well. ;-)

You all are great! What a fun blog tour stop! Thanks for having me here today, Missy!

Missy Tippens said...

Okay, we have a winner!! David decided to choose the poem that made him laugh out loud. :)

So Tina, you with your Roses are Red are the winner!! I'll email you for your info.

Thanks to all who participated!

Missy

Tina M. Russo said...

LOL, well thanks David. (also my son's name) I'll let you know when my book sells. I write comedy but so far no one else thinks I'm funny.

Thanks to Amy. (also my dtrs name)
Wow this is a cool blessing.

I like little miracles in my life.

And gee I can buy your book now.

Kit Wilkinson said...

Tina,

I think you're funny :-)

And Missy, about that picture...Lots of touch-up going on there!!! Thanks for the compliment.