Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fun Book Signing Plus Progress on Next Story

I had such a great time Thursday evening. My husband and I were guests at the local Kiwanis Club Valentine dinner. Following the meal, I did the program, speaking about the experience of my first Love Inspired sale. They were a great audience, and had lots of fun questions.

Then I was suprised to find out our local bookseller, Tom Vail with Corner Bookstore, had sent books for a signing! I was thrilled to be able to have the impromptu event. (Well, impromptu for me. Dewey Bentley, who'd invited me, had arranged it ahead of time.) It was a great night. And to top it off, they gave me a box of chocolates as a gift!

As you see in my blog title, I mention progress on my next story. I've been so frustrated because the writing has been slow and difficult lately. But this weekend, my husband and children went to visit grandparents. I had total peace and quiet most of Friday (the kids were out of school), all last night, then most of today. By the time they returned at dinner time today, I had written about 8000 words (6400 of them today)! I'm thrilled. I may just finish the story this weekend! :)

Let me also add here that my spellcheck doesn't seem to work in Blogger anymore. Has anyone else had that problem? Or have I accidentally turned something off? The little button is still up on the menu bar, but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. (So I apologize for all spelling errors for the last few weeks!)

Missy

4 comments:

Ausjenny said...

my spell checker underlines a word but doesn't help me spell it.
and it seems to not like aussie spelling.

congrats on the book signing. and the amount of words writen.

Missy Tippens said...

My spellcheck USED to highight incorrect words in red, then I could click on them to get suggested spellings.

I'm clueless. :)

Missy

squiresj said...

I just now learned of your book. It sounds interesting. God Bless you as you write your next book and on success with this one.

Missy Tippens said...

Thanks so much, squiresj!

Missy