Monday, January 21, 2008

Meet Author Cheryl Wyatt! Win her book!


Cheryl Wyatt's closest friends would never dream the mayhem she plots during announcements at church. An RN-turned-SAHM, joyful chaos rules her home and she delights in the stealth moments God gives her to write. She stays active in her church and in her laundry room. She's convinced that having been born on a Naval base on Valentine's Day destined her to write military romance.
Prior to publication, Cheryl took courses through Christian Writers Guild. An active member of RWA, FHL and ACFW, she won numerous awards with multiple manuscripts. Visit her on the Web at http://www.cherylwyatt.com/. Sign up for her newsletter for news and chances to enter contests with great prizes. Hang with her on the web at http://www.scrollsquirrel.blogspot.com/. You can also find her skittering around Steeple Hill's message boards as "Squirl" at http://www.steeplehill.com/.






TOP PICK!
"Cheryl Wyatt infuses A Soldier's Promise (4.5) with kindness, compassion and love. Plus, each character in this strong story is multilayered. When young Bradley, a boy dying of cancer, writes to the Air Force Pararescue team, he gets to meet jumper Joel Montgomery, who connects with Bradley and feels an instant and shared attraction to the boy's teacher, Amber Stanton. This absolutely fantastic debut novel proves that while challenges and boundaries are not always easily resolved, they're definitely worth the work." ---Robin Taylor-Romantic Times Reviewer





I'm so excited to welcome my friend (and fellow Seeker) to visit with us on my blog today. Cheryl is a bundle of energy and fun, but is also one of the sweetest, most caring people I know. I know you'll enjoy getting to know her better. Thanks for including me in your blog tour, Cheryl!

Let me also say that I've already read A Soldier's Promise and think it was a wonderful, funny, sweet story. If you don't have it yet, be sure to buy it! You don't want to miss it.

Interview

Missy: Cheryl, can you tell us something that most people don't know about you?

Cheryl: Most people don't know that I am a huge practical joker and usually end up finding out the hard way. LOL! So.....watch out.

MT: If you couldn't write, what creative thing would you be doing?

CW: Crafty type things that I did before I started writing fiction. Working with clay and building miniatures. Working with wood burning or learning how to use my scroll saw without cutting the tip of my finger off. LOL! Making home made cards and scrap booking. Leather work, all sorts of craft-type things. Learning how to weld from my dad. I'd love to have time to do that.

MT: Since most of us love all things having to do with romance, could you describe what you consider an an ideal date with your husband? :)

CW: Going on a romantic cruise with lots of good fun and laughter and food...unpoisoned preferably. LOL! He has always wanted to go to Hawaii, so I'd be totally up for that. Yeah, to be trapped on a boat alone in the middle of the ocean with him for five days where he can't escape and there's no work to be done except adjust his shades to keep the sun out of his eyes on deck...THAT's what I'm talkin' about......!

MT: What's your favorite book or movie?

CW: This question is so hard because I don't really have a favorite book. Not one stands out in my mind that I can remember. Movies are the same way. I have a cluster of favorites that I equally love though. Books: anything by Max Lucado. Passion for Jesus by Mike Bickle. Only Love Can Make a Miracle by Mahesh Chavda. Anything by Graham Cooke. Fiction-wise...anything action and romance, secular or Christian. I also love historicals, and western romance....any kind of romance actually.

Favorite movies: The Green Mile, Raising Helen (closet scene..boo-hoo!), Schindler's List. The kinds of movies that leave you speechless after watching them. Movies you remember for years.

MT: My daughter bought this great book called "Coke or Pepsi?" It has all kinds of questionnaires to use with your friends. So in the spirit of that book, do you prefer Coke or Pepsi? :)

CW: That's a loaded question. LOL! I actually like both equally. But if I drink diet...I'd rather have Coke. And if Lee is listening, I like Pepsi better. LOL! (I have to say that because we're old friends and his family owns it. I took a diet coke into their house once many years ago and thought his dad Harry Crisp might evict me from the premises. LOL!) Neat family though. His mom, Rosemary Crisp, did a lot for the community before she recently passed away. So needless to say, there are a lot of Pepsi products in our area. If we want to get technical....I like Dr. Pepper best. LOL!

Putting vanilla in either of them ruins it for me though. That's the worst feeling, to take a big swig thinking you're drinking straight Coke or Pepsi, and you get vanilla....ick. LOL!

MT: I so agree on the vanilla! :)

I'll be giving away a copy of Cheryl's book by drawing names from those who comment today. So please leave a comment and leave a way to contact you (email addy). If you don't leave it, then check back tomorrow to see if you won the book! You can always contact me through my website: http://www.missytippens.com/.


Missy



11 comments:

Belinda Peterson said...

Great interview Missy and Cheryl. I like the coke/pepsi part. I drink both also. A little bit of Trivia---David Crowder-(Christian music artist) bought the house of the guy who invente Dr. Pepper. I think that's his (DC) fav drink, also. I like it too!
Cheryl, I can't wait to read your book--if I don't win I'm buying! The story sounds great and I know your heart absolutely went into that book.

Julie Lessman said...

Fun interview, Missy and Cheryl, and GOOD TO KNOW about the practical jokes! I'll steer clear ... :)

I am 3/4 done with A Soldier's Promise, and am LOVING it!! Sigh, what a hero ... what a book!!

Hugs,
Julie

Missy Tippens said...

Lindi, I've got you entered! Hey there, Julie!

I'm so glad you both stopped by.

I guess I have to say my favorite is Diet Dr. Pepper. Second choice is Diet Rite or Diet Pepsi--which makes me feel like a traitor because my hubby got put through seminary with a fellowship that was from Coke money! So we usually buy Coke for home--Diet Coke with Splenda. :)

Missy

Mary Connealy said...

Hi, Cheryl.
Loved A Soldier's Promise.
LOVE the cruise idea.
I wonder if that will ever happen?

Kim said...

I've read so much about this book! I'd love to win a copy!

Kim
kimfurd at hotmail dot com

Missy Tippens said...

Hey, Mary and Kim, thanks for stopping by!

Kim, I have you entered!

Missy

Tina M. Russo said...

I was in the Army when I first heard of Dr. Pepper. I thought it was a prescription medication..okay so this was a long time ago and I led a sheltered life.

Cheryl's book IS awesome. Looking forward to the next one.

Pam Hillman said...

Hey gals! Great interview. Give me straight coke, no vanilla. Yuk, yuk! And NO Dr. Pepper. I don't care what Robin Miller says!

Cheryl, I'm ALMOST finished with A Soldier's Promise. Great, wonderful, heartfelt read! Loving it!

Pam Hillman said...

Oh, you don't have to enter me in the drawing. Joel IS a great hero, isn't he, Julie? Just too sweet for words.

Pamela J said...

Please don't enter me in the drawing, I have the book and finished it already. I'm very much looking forward to the next one and am excited for whoever wins this drawing because I KNOW they will love it too.
By the way, I am glad so many don't like Dr Pepper with vanilla in it... leaves more for me!
Pam

Missy Tippens said...

LOL! Pamela! You're welcome to all the vanilla Dr. Pepper around here. :)

Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to the next book, too!

Missy