Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


We've had a big day here in the Tippens household. Lots of loving, thoughtful gifts, time spent together, and way too much good food. After opening gifts this morning, I made our traditional breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy. (I did have a small gravy disaster but am too embarrassed to tell it here! :))

After cleaning up, I took a looong nap. Then I installed our new router and got our home network running again! I've been tied to sharing a computer with the kids for months and can now get online on my laptop again. Hallelujah!

This evening we had our Christmas dinner (roast beef, mashed potatoes, broccoli and rolls). But this year we ate in front of the television and watched Hairspray (the DVD was a gift for the family from Santa). It was really cute! Except I got tired of John Travolta's weird accent. :)

What about you? What are some of your Christmas traditions?

I wish you all a happy 2008!

2 comments:

Christy LaShea Smith said...

Look at your beautiful tree!

We just stayed at home and cooked at my house. My mom, grandma and mother in law came over and celebrated with us.

Happy New Year!

Missy Tippens said...

Sounds like a nice day, Christy. Sometimes staying home is the best. Of course, I'm kind of a homebody these days.

We traveled to Kentucky to be with my family after Christmas. We had a really nice trip, but it's good to be home, too. :)