Thursday, October 04, 2007

Moonlight and Magnolias Report

Hi! It's been ages since I've posted, so I wanted to be sure to stop in and say that I'm posting Thursday, October 4th, on our F.A.I.T.H. group blog. Please be sure to stop by for some great photos from the Georgia Romance Writers conference. It was held in Atlanta (Well, Norcross, actually) this past weekend. I had a great time! It was so fun to be able to attend as a published author for the first time.

Also, Lindi Peterson and I presented a workshop (another first) that we felt went well. Once we relaxed, we had a good time with it. The group of attendees was great, and I hope they went away motivated and with a plan to move on through the pre-published stage.

I also spent time critiquing with Lindi this past weekend. She finished reading my newly completed manuscript and gave some great feedback. I tackled some of the changes today, and hope to get it ready to send off very soon.

I also started a new quarter teaching this week, although I still have students from a dual enrollment program (high school and college credit at the same time) for a few more weeks. Once again, I'm teaching Anatomy and Physiology. I just love that class!

I better sign off. It's 1 am and I have to get up at 6:30!

Missy

2 comments:

Belinda Peterson said...

Missy,
Thanks for the update on the conference. We did have fun, didn't we?

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

Our local RWA chapter never has anything like that. Sounds like you have a great chapter.