Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mission Accomplished

The check, I mean the manuscript, is in the mail! :) Yes, I finally submitted my manuscript! This is the one that took only 7 weeks to write. Of course, it took me almost 2 months to revise it! LOL But part of the reason was because it came out 2000 words too long. I had to do some major cutting.

At least it's finished. And I wrote the synopsis in about two days--which is like torture! I think from now on I'll write it as I go so I don't forget the order in which things happened. :) As I wrote this book, I also had other ideas for the secondary characters. So maybe they'll have their own stories someday, too.

If all goes well, maybe I'll be able to report a second sale soon!! Prayers would be appreciated.

Looking ahead, I'll be having a couple of guest bloggers/interviews soon. Check back for an interview with Julie Lessman in the coming weeks!

Missy

5 comments:

Belinda Peterson said...

Yeah, Missy! Way to go. Hope to hear good news soon.

Mary Connealy said...

What a beautiful website, Missy!!
You did this YOURSELF????!!!
I am deeply and profoundly impressed.

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

Congrats, Missy! I'm looking forward to the writer retreat! Can't wait. Of course, my boss doesn't know I plan to take off.

Will be praying about the second sale!

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Glad to hear your manuscript is out the door! I'm sure you'll have a second sale under your belt real soon! :-)

Jane said...

Missy, this is great news. I certainly hope and pray this book is published real soon.
Warren has been trying to get me to write a book. He seems to think since I have read SO many mysteries I should be able to write one!!! I don't know...maybe I'll give it a try.
Thanks for dropping by my blog for a visit and I'm glad you got to see our beautiful FIRST grand child.
Take care, I hope to get to see you soon. Many blessings!