Monday, October 15, 2007

I've been tagged! 10-20-30

I was double tagged while out of town this weekend. :) Once by Myra Langley Johnson, the other Jessy Ferguson.

I'm supposed to tell what I was doing 10, 20 and 30 years ago. Hmmm....

10 years ago was about the time I started pursuing publication. I had already been writing for a couple of years, but joined RWA that year or maybe a year earlier, then Georgia Romance Writers. I had 3 small children aged 1, 3, and 7. At that time, we lived in Acworth, Georgia.

20 years ago, I was practically a newlywed. We married in June 1986 so had just had our first anniversary. My husband had graduated from seminary that spring and we'd moved to Lawrenceville, GA where he served as an associate pastor. I worked at Emory University Hospital in the microbiology lab and commuted each day (not fun!).

30 years ago, I was a mere babe. LOL! Actually, I would have been a 15-year-old sophomore dying to be old enough to drive. :) I lived with my family in Kentucky, went to high school where I studied hard, played in the band (the oboe), and was a majorette during football season. I would have been riding to school each day with a senior in my neighborhood because it was just too embarrassing to walk or ride the bus. ;) It was also about the time I met a guy that I dated for the next 3+ years. It was probably about the time I joined the adult choir at church (I still love to sing!).

This was fun. Thanks for tagging me, ladies! If you're reading this, go check out Jess's and Myra's posts (links on their names above) to see what they've been doing over the decades.

2 comments:

Myra Johnson said...

Oh, Missy, I didn't need to be reminded that you're still so YOUNG!

Missy Tippens said...

LOL! I don't feel young most of the time. Not in body, anyway. Now mind, that's different. :)

Missy