Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Waiting...

My son and the rest of the mission team are on their way home from Kenya! They're only 2 hours out from Atlanta. Okay, so they're 2 hours and 4 minutes, but who's counting? LOL Then they'll get their luggage and have about an hour and a quarter drive from the airport!

Can you tell I'm excited?! :)

I've found the coolest flight tracking site at fboweb.com. I've been able to watch his plane all morning once they reached US airspace. What fun! As I'm writing this, they're over Maine.

This is the longest he's been away from home, and I have to admit that the stress from having him so far away in a third world country has done a number on my poor stomach. But praise God for cell phones (bless you Cingular/AT&T!). He's been able to call us and we've been able to call him directly. Although, I may not be blessing the company so much once the bill gets here! :) It'll be worth every penny for the peace of mind it gave me the last two weeks, though.

I'll tell more about the trip once we see him and hear all the stories. Thank you to all who have been praying for their group since they left. Now, if you'll just keep on praying for the next 2 hours and... Oh! One hour and 51 minutes. :)

Missy

No comments: