Sunday, August 05, 2007

Congratulations, Lindi!! and Photos from National





Great news for my great friend and critique partner, Lindi Peterson. She's a finalist in the Maggie!!!!! (She's on the far left.)I'm so excited for her. This is the 3rd year in a row she's been a finalist. I just know the 3rd time will be a charm.


And speaking of charm! My Maggie medallions are on a beautiful silver chain that has a history. Several years ago, another critique partner, Maureen Hardegree, won a Maggie medallion. Deb Dixon (of the amazing GMC: Goal, Motivation and Conflict reference book) took off her silver chain and passed it to Maureen. When I won a year or two later, Maureen handed it down to me. I've been DYING to hand it down to Lindi!! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this year. :)
I'm so low tech sometimes. I have a digital camera, but it's one of the big ones, too big to take to conferences. I can't just pop it in my purse, so I never take it anywhere. I took a disposable camera to RWA National. And of course, it's still sitting here waiting to be developed.

Luckily, I have friends with tiny cameras! :)

Thank you Cheryl Wyatt and Angie Breidenbach for sending me copies.

The first photo at the top shows Lindi Peterson, me, Myra Johnson and Janet Dean after the Faith, Hope and Love conference.

This is Mindy Obenhaus, Janet Dean, me, Debby Giusti, Darlene Buchholz, and Cheryl Wyatt as we headed to a fancy dinner at the rotating restaurant at the top of the Hyatt.


And this is the fun crew of Steeple Hill authors along with Dream, who hosts the e-harlequin boards, and editors Krista Stroever and Melissa Endlich.







I'll probably be posting more photos as more generous friends email them to me. I'll also take my film to be put on a CD. Someday. :)

Missy

2 comments:

Belinda Peterson said...

Thanks, Missy! Of course I couldn't have done it without you. I neglected to tell you thank you in the couple of conversations we've had.
So a big THANK YOU!

Mindy Obenhaus said...

Three cheers for Lindi!

It was so much fun getting to hang out with you all at RWA. I can't wait for ACFW. All of the FAITH girls will be together, right Missy?