Thursday, August 23, 2007

Catching Up

Well, my son made it home safely! I blogged about it last Thursday (August 16) on the F.A.I.T.H. blog is you'd like to hear a little about his trip.

Since then I've been writing like crazy. I'm pushing through on my manuscript. I'm now at 37,000 words! I started this current version right after RWA National, so it's moving well for me. I'm trying to make good use of this last week before going back to teaching. I start on Monday. I would love to finish first draft by then!

Totally off the subject of writing, I would sure appreciate prayer for rain! We're in a horrible drought. We had a sprinkle last night, and it made me realize I can't remember the last time it rained. I think it was mid-July. We've also had a terrible heat wave--record setting temperatures. Yesterday it hit 105 degrees in a nearby town. And the weatherman said that wasn't with the heat index. It was the actual temperature. With the humidity, I can't imagine how hot it was.

I'm sure my friend Mindy Obenhaus and others in Texas would love to send us some of their rain. I guess we should pray for a break from rain for them.

I recently mentioned the exciting news that Lindi Peterson is a finalist in the Maggie. Well, one of my other critique partners, Maureen Hardegree, is a finalist in the Molly! And she also won the Sandy Contest!! Lots of excitement for our critique group. Congratulations, ladies!

That's all for now. My characters are calling my name....

Missy :)

1 comment:

Belinda Peterson said...

Hi Missy,

Thanks for putting my finalist info on the blog.
And yeah on finishing the book. I hope you blog about that.