Monday, May 14, 2007

Wonderful Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. After church, our family went out to eat lunch--my choice of restaurants! :) And that was nice because no one was allowed to complain when I chose. We usually try to use a rather democratic way of figuring out where we're going to eat. We take a vote. We keep naming restaurants until we finally come up with a place that has at least 3 "yes" votes. :)

But today, I got to be the queen and name the place. No whining allowed. No voting necessary. And we had the nicest lunch at a local Italian place.

It was funny, though, because usually this place has huge servings. We always take leftovers home with us. So today when they offered a yummy special, lobster ravioli in cream sauce with asparagus, my daughter and I decided to share a dinner so we'd have room for dessert.

Well, they brought out the bowl and it had 5 ravioli in it (normal size, not very large). My daughter kept saying, "There are only 5 of them!" (She was starving.) So we each had our measly 2-1/2 . Then she moaned and groaned that she was still hungry. We made do with my son's side dish of spaghetti. But it was so funny to see the look on her face when she saw that small serving. I guess it was because of the cost of lobster.

I can't complain, though, because I still had plenty of room for hot fudge cake with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce! :)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I got breakfast in bed this morning prepared by my two youngest kids! Plus the gift certificate for the facial that I was wanting. :)

All in all (tiny ravioli aside), I had a perfect day.

Missy

No comments: