Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter!

I hope you all have a blessed Easter. Enjoy being with friends and family, celebrating our risen Christ!

Our choir is singing at two services on Sunday, so it'll be a long morning. But I'm really excited about the music. My favorite that we'll be singing is The Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. The whole work is amazing, but the Hallelujah Chorus is a major chill-bump piece! By the time we're done singing it, I'm covered from head to toe with goosebumps.

Have you ever felt certain songs are especially Spirit filled, or anointed, or whatever terminology you might use? There are some pieces of music that send my spirit soaring, fill me to overflowing. I know some of it is personal preference. But here are some that do this for me:

**Handel's Messiah, The Hallelujah Chorus and, even more so for me, Worthy is the Lamb/Amen (the very last song). They're my two favorites.

**Mahler's 2nd Symphony "Resurrection", the end of the last movement (starting at #26 on the 2nd CD and going to the end of the piece). I turn this up really loud in my car or home or wherever. I have to be careful when it's in my car, though, because I invariably burst into tears. It moves me that much. :)

**The hymn "Here I Am, Lord" is one of my favorites. The words are so moving. Again, this is one I can hardly get through without choking up.

**several of David Crowder's songs, but I'm especially moved by You are my Joy (from A Collision album). It's amazing to hear it live, in concert. It seems to vibrate through me, so that it feels like The Holy Spirit bursting into song inside me.

So, those are my top goosebump songs. What about you? Or maybe you're moved by works of art. Or poetry. Or maybe a particular novel. What moves you?

Missy

2 comments:

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

My Redeemer Lives!

I can Only Imagine

You Are God Alone

You Deserve the Glory

Here I Am to Worship

(and bunches more)

Missy T said...

Good ones, Jenn!

I especially like "and bunches more". :) I thought of several more today that I wish I had added. :)

Missy