Monday, March 05, 2007

First TV Interview!

I had my first TV interview taped last week! I guess I need to be honest and admit it's a local cable channel. But it was very exciting. And it's some local publicity for my book.

The show features people in our community. The host is a friend from church. She tried to reassure me (when I about chickened out) that it would be just like a chat between the two of us. Well, let me tell you, once I walked into that studio and saw the lights, the cameras, the set, I about turned and ran. But she was a great interviewer, and I ended up enjoying myself. (We won't talk about the fact that I realized I was sitting like a zombie and tried to move my hands some, hitting the glass table with a thunk!)

I'll be able to see the results this evening with live streaming. (We have satellite, not cable.) I'll be sure to let you know how it went. Of course, I thought of a gazillion things I wish I had said after the fact. Next time, beforehand, I'll give her some questions to ask me. She did say she would have me back when my book releases. Maybe the second time will be easier. :)

Missy

4 comments:

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

Missy,

That's great! I wish I could have seen it here in NC. If they do a webcast, let me know. We'll all be able to tune in then.

Missy T said...

I will, Jenn. I think it's actually playing next week, and you could watch it online. I'll send you the link once I find out when it airs. :)

Belinda said...

Missy,

I didn't know you were going to be on TV!! How exciting!! Let me know when it airs..If I'm not here I'll have Lenny TIVO it.

Angela Breidenbach said...

Good job, Missy! I'm so proud of you. And you learned so much from it. (And so did I.)
Angie